AeroBull HD & XS
How do I connect two of my AeroBulls to activate True Wireless Stereo mode?
Make sure your product is running the latest firmware and take the following steps:
- Power on one speaker first
- Put the speaker into left channel mode by holding down at the same time for about 3 seconds Volume down and Power button until you hear the jingle “Speaker Left”
- Power On the second speaker
- Put the speaker into right channel by holding down at the same time for about 3 seconds Volume up and Power button until you hear the jingle “Speaker Right”
- Wait a few seconds for the jingle “Device connected”
- Pair the Bluetooth device of your preference to the speaker and wait for the jingle “Device connected”
- You can now start the music streaming
How do I deactivate True Wireless Stereo mode after two speakers were paired?
If you have connected a pair of speakers in True Wireless mode and you wish to unpair them, take the following steps:
- Unpair your smartphone, computer or Bluetooth device from the speaker(s)
- Press volume up and volume down buttons on both devices for about 3 seconds until you hear the jingle “True Wireless Off”
You’ll now be able to connect to each individual speaker and True Wireless mode won’t be active unless you pair the speakers again.
How to upgrade my speaker’s firmware
Here are the system requirements for the upgrading your speaker’s software:
- Microsoft Windows (compatible with 7, 8 or 10)
- USB port on your computer
- USB to micro USB cable
- AeroUpdate application for your speaker’s model which you can download here.
- Plug your speaker to external power using the AC cord.
- Turn on the speaker and connect it to your Windows computer using Micro USB cable.
- Double click on the firmware upgrade and a Windows Wizard will guide you through the upgrade.
Can I update my speaker’s firmware using a Mac computer?
Currently, a computer running Windows is required to do firmware updates.
A MacOS-compatible updater will be available sometime soon.
How can I clean my speaker?
You can clean the speaker by using a humid soft cloth. DO NOT use chemicals! Use of chemicals may damage the product permanently and will void the warranty.
The bass button of my remote control doesn’t work
Previous versions of the product had a bass feature that allowed the user to boost or reduce the lower frequencies of the speaker. The feature has been discontinued since, and the button on the remote control has been deactivated.
When I press rewind on the remote, it sends me back to the song list, not to the previous song
This happens when your iPhone, iPod or iPad is on shuffle mode. Make sure your device is not on shuffle mode. When the iPod or iPhone is on shuffle mode, the Rewind acts like Back and Forward, going to the next random song.
When I pair the speaker, my pc asks me for a password to connect with it via Bluetooth
Try to enter either 0000 or 9999. If that doesn’t work, please contact our support via website.